CORONA KAVACH HEALTH INSURANCE OFFERS MANY THINGS THAT MAY NOT BE COVERED IN YOUR BASIC HEALTH INSURANCE COVER
- Consumables: In all health insurance policies, expenses related to consumables like PPE kits, oxygen, and consultation fees will not be covered. The ‘corona kavach’ policy covers all these including other related expenses that are considered deductibles under a normal health insurance policy.
- Home Care Expenses: Treatment expenses for Home care are allowed in ‘corona kavach’ policy, as there is a possibility that you are advised to undergo treatment for being COVID-19 positive at home. Medical expenses incurred during homecare treatment will be covered up to 14 days under a ‘corona kavach’ policy.
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation: Your pre and post hospitalisation expenses, i.e. 15 days before hospitalization and until 30 days after discharge, will be reimbursed under this policy.
- If you opt for AYUSH (Alternative Treatments like Ayurvedic, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) treatment, it will be covered as a part of the ‘corona kavach’ policy.
- The policy provides for Road Ambulance Cover i.e. transfer from home to hospital or hospital to home, in an ambulance.
- Besides, this specialised health insurance comes at a low cost…Why claim and waste the Sum Insured in your basic health insurance cover?..
Though the world is looking at an earlier than expected vaccine for Covid-19, still it is going to take a while before we have it for our use. So, it will make a lot of sense going for an additional ‘corona kavach’ health insurance policy that comes at a low premium.
The specialized insurance policy is available with most of the leading insurers with options for 3.5, 6.5 and 9.5 months tenures.