A handful of almonds per day offers an essential pack of nutrition to your body. They are rich in monounsaturated fats, fiber, proteins, Vitamin E, Manganese, Magnesium and other nutrients.
Being a powerhouse of nutrients and a ‘close to perfect’ food, Almonds offer many health benefits,
- Rich in Anti-oxidants: Almonds are high in anti-oxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major reason for ageing and disease.
- Best source for Vitamin E: Almonds are the best source for Vitamin E, which is linked to numerous health benefits
- Assists in controlling blood sugar: Almonds are rich in magnesium that helps control blood sugar. 25% to 38% of people with type-2 diabetes are deficient in magnesium. Intake of almonds may offer major improvements for metabolic syndrome and type-2 diabetes.
- Helps in lowering blood pressure: Deficiency in magnesium is strongly associated with high blood pressure levels. Intake of magnesium rich almonds can help control blood pressure
- Supports Reduction of LDL cholesterol: Eating a handful of almonds everyday can result in mild reduction of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol in your blood, potentially reducing the risk of ‘heart diseases’
- Prevents oxidation of LDL cholesterol: Almonds do prevent LDL cholesterol from oxidation, which is crucial in preventing the development of heart diseases. Snacking on almonds has been shown to significantly reduce ‘oxidised LDL’.
- Effective in ‘weight loss’: Almonds are low in ‘carb’ and high in proteins and fibers. Due to their satiating properties, in general, nuts are a great addition to a ‘weight loss’ diet. Studies have established that almonds can enhance weight loss.
Eating 8-10 almonds a day is a wholesome snack that never makes you feel guilty.