Passenger Cover is an additional benefit in your car insurance that provides personal accident insurance for unnamed passengers travelling in your car.
Learning Center /
Category: Car Insurance
PA cover to paid driver
This cover provides personal accident insurance to any paid drivers that you employ temporarily
This is an additional cover that comes handy in case if your car tyres get damaged due to road impact or certain other reasons specified in your policy.
Repair Glass or Windshield cover
This cover keeps your NCB intact in case of a single incident of your car’s windshield (Glass) damage and replacement. The glass replacement is done without any deductions.
This add-on covers your travel cost back home or to nearby destination including any emergency overnight hotel stay if required, in case your car encounters an accident.
7 Good reasons to add Road Side Assistance Cover
Insurers provide a host of on-site services in case you are stranded on the road.
It is not uncommon for people to get stranded during road trips on their cars. There are various reasons due to which you could get in to such a situation.
Most of the Insurers in India offer ‘Emergency Road Side Assistance’ (RSA) cover as an additional cover on a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Minor Repairs to your car – In case of mechanical/electrical breakdown, the insurer will provide ‘on-site repair’ through their nearby authorised repairers. They will try to ensure minor faults are rectified on site and you are good to go at least until you reach the nearest safe destination.
- Towing Services – In case if the fault cannot be rectified on site, the insurer’s service provider will provide towing services to reach your car to the nearest authorised work shop.
- Locked out or Loss of Keys – In case if you are mistakenly locked out of your car or have lost your car keys, the insurer will provide on-site assistance in getting the keys out of the vehicle or deliver duplicate key from place of residence, if possible.
- Flat Tyres – The insurer’s service provider will assist in changing the flat tyre with the spare tyre of your car.
- Battery Failure – The service provider will assist in battery jump start.
- Ran out of Fuel – The Insurer will assist in providing fuel up to 5 litres on- site at your cost, in case if you ran out of fuel.
- Wrong fuel filled – The insurer will provide the cost of emptying the fuel tank in case wrong fuel is mistakenly filled.
The specific covers under RSA will vary from Insurer to Insurer. Most of the insurers don’t take in to account claims under RSA while considering No Claim Bonus during renewals.
What you should know about ‘OD only’ renewal of Car/Bike Insurance
If your new vehicle is bought after 1st September 2018, you will require ‘OD only’ renewal..
All new cars and bikes that are sold by dealers from 1st September 2018 will have 3 years and 5 years third party insurance as per the Order of the Honourable Supreme Court of India.
That is, a new car sold on 1st September 2018 will have third party (TP) insurance coverage up to 31st August 2021 and a new bike up to 31st August 2023.
Car/Bike Insurance Policies with 1 year OD and 3/5 Years TP CoversContinue reading “What you should know about ‘OD only’ renewal of Car/Bike Insurance”
Zero or Nil Depreciation Cover
Zero Depreciation or Nil Depreciation add on cover allows the insurer to pay the claim towards replacement of spares without deduction towards depreciation, thereby paying 100% cost of replacement.Continue reading “Zero or Nil Depreciation Cover”
Cover for Accessories
Additional electrical and non-electrical accessories like AV system, LCD screens, Fog Lamps, Alloy Wheels, etc., fitted in your vehicle can be covered with this add-on benefit by choosing a sum insured to cover the value of such accessories.Continue reading “Cover for Accessories”
Towing and Related
Under this add on cover, the insurer will pay for the charges related to towing the vehicle to the nearest/network garages for repair in case of an accident. This cover is a part of road side assistance.